Posts Tagged ‘dating advice’
Kids on Dating, Romance and Marriage
A group of young children were asked about marriage, here is their advice.
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?
- You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.- Alan, age 10
- No person really decides before they grow up who they’re going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you’re stuck with.- Kirsten, age 10
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
- Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.- Camille, age 10
- No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get married.- Freddie, age 6
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
- You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.- Derrick, age 8
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
- Both don’t want any more kids.- Lori, age 8
WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
- Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.- Linette, age 8
- On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.- Martin, age 10
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
- I’d run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.- Craig, age 9
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
- When they’re rich.- Pam, age 7
- The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn’t want to mess with that.- Curt, age 7
- The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It’s the right thing to do.- Howard, age 8
IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
- I don’t know which is better, but I’ll tell you one thing. I’m never going to have sex with my wife. I don’t want to be all grossed out.- Theodore, age 8
- It’s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.- Anita, age 9
HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN’T GET MARRIED?
- There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn’t there?- Kelvin, age 8
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
- Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck.- Rick, age 10
People often ask why hasn’t she got a boyfriend?
Charlotte is an attractive 31-year-old living in a beautiful rural setting with a successful equestrian career and a busy social diary. “When they ask me why am I single, I never know how to respond,” Charlotte says. “It’s more acceptable in the city. Here in the country people wonder what’s wrong with you. But I’d rather be on my own than with someone who isn’t right for me and my lifestyle. My friends say that I’ll meet someone when I least expect it and I guess I just have to believe them. Horsey girls aren’t that bad really.”
It shouldn’t be difficult to meet a like-minded person in the countryside, given that there is a huge calendar of rural social events. However, according to Pat, a farmer’s wife from Derbyshire who runs a rural introduction agency, the country dating scene can be bleak, no matter what your age or how attractive you are. “Communities are small and people work long hours,” she says. “There are amazing men out there who want a wife and children but feel as if they’ve been sitting on a tractor for the last 10 years and haven’t met anyone.” However, Charlotte is socially proactive. “I’m not a hermit, I go out all the time. I like having a full itinerary,” she says. “But it’s rare to be introduced to a new face.” For many rural communities, there can be only the one big annual social event often organised ostensibly to raise money for the local causes. This could well present locals with a rare opportunity to dress up and swing each other around on the dance floor. “I’d never go to one on my own,” Charlotte says, “but as long as I have a wing-man, I’m fine.” This is exactly the right approach. Find a dating buddy; someone who is in the same situation as you. Single friends will also give you moral support if you’re feeling depressed about meeting the third frog in a row. Read the rest of this entry »
What should I Write in my Profile
I know it is a little daunting and we all hate doing it.
Most of us don’t like to “blow our own trumpet”, we feel like its bragging but it can be easy to write a great profile!
You just need to invest a little time, (and what’s a little time when looking for someone special and even more so when that someone will share your passion for the countryside).
Your basic Country Lover membership is free. So, we want you to take full advantage of the Free membership and what is available to you, it is free for a reason. The Free Country Lover membership gives you time to look at your profile and work on it at your own pace and at no cost – “Try before you buy” I think is the phrase.
What can I talk about on a Date?
This is a natural concern for many people. Most social interactions are relatively short. But, a date traditionally occupies an entire evening! What on earth am I going to talk about for all that time?
Fortunately, it’s easier than you may think. For one thing, dating is usually centered around some sort of activity, such as going to a dance, or to see a film. This solves many of the issues for you. Throughout a film, you don’t need to talk much about anything, and afterwards, the recently shared experience of the film serves as a topic of conversation. So the problem of conversation becomes relatively simple. Making your first date relatively short and centered around an activity of some sort will do a lot to calm your nerves.
So, you’ve decided to try Countryside Dating Online
You would like to try the country lover online dating service and want to be sure to get the most from your online dating membership? You have no join millions of others in this fast growing and incredibly popular method of finding new partners and friends in remote and rural areas of the countryside. A method that is perfect for farmers, ranchers, villagers and people who live in small towns or love to visit the country and spend time in the great outdoors.
You’ve checked out the dating site . . .
posted a little bit of information about yourself and what you’re looking for from a date and possibly browsed the dating network for people that you potentially would like to contact, or meet. More than likely, a few farmers, ranchers or country lovers have already caught your eye and you are thinking about making contact.
Here are a few tips to get you started.
Should we meet our ideal partner through online dating? . . .
A common question these day among farmers, countryside lovers and friends in the countryside and rural areas. The first answer usually comes from the cautious individuals who warn against predators and seemingly demented individuals. Next you have the handful of people who know ‘so and so’ who just got married to the person that they met online. We would always point out that there is no commitment to simply looking and discovering how it all works. What has anyone got to lose in setting up a simple profile and seeing what happens?